Monday 1 March 2010

open letter to Mr Tinie Tempah

whose new single "Pass Out" is released today.


Dear Mr Tempah

I recently heard your single 'Pass Out'.

Now I must admit I was rather bowled over by its surging rhythms, solid bass, delicious melody and, the down to earth, honest lyricism of an apparently charming young man from Greenwich (I also admit to following your excellent blog - Milk and 2 sugars).

However, there are a few lines that are conspicuous in their tone. I wish only to ask for further clarification of their meaning and your intention in including them in the song. Perhaps the record company asked you to do it? In that by being mean you would seem tougher, edgier, 'street'?

Anyway I shall attempt to hold back on speculation and simply ask that you please explain why you chose to include in this seminal first release the following lyrics:

"I chirps her just for fun, I never ever call her phone, I leave her in the club, i never ever walk her home,"

Now it's not nice and it's not clever, and I must also admit to having high hopes for you as you seem like such a stand up young chap.

So, having earlier informed us that you do in fact "...bring the women and the cars and the cards out" - would it be too much to ask that you drop the young lady home afterwards?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest regards

See You Next Tuesday Festival

a.k.a. Ms Emma Jane Richards
The Feminist Playground
c/o New Players Theatre, London

No comments:

Post a Comment